Monday, December 6, 2010

Adventures in Reusing in Portland, Part 1

We discovered two of the most fabulous stores in Portland over the weekend.

Scrap has basically everything you could ever want to craft like fabric, magazines, paint and even the kitchen sink. Literally (kind of):


I had heard about Scrap before but thought it was going to be expensive. It was started by a group of teachers who didn't want to throw away their art supplies and somehow I got it in my head the point of the store was to raise money for schools. (Which, translated, usually means "expensive).

I was wrong.


What would you use paper binding strips for? No idea, but I bet I could come up with something if it only cost fifty cents!


It was almost overwhelming. There was so much amazing-ness that I couldn't decide what I needed, so here's what I ended up with:


Total cost? $2.60. Yes, please!

This post is already photo heavy, so I'll save the next place for tomorrow. All's I'll say is, Isaac loved it. :)

It's quite possible that there was a Santa conference or pub crawl going on in North Portland, because the street was lined with scenes like this:

 


Blurry, but it makes me laugh.

We ended with dinner at Fire on the Mountain Wings where I felt like a wuss because their mildest sauce was almost too hot for me. We played Trivial Pursuit while we waited for our food.


We didn't really keep score, but I'm pretty sure I lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment