Tuesday, December 28, 2010

What not to eat

If you are allergic to milk fat and trying to cut carbs so you can drop ten pounds to fit into your suits from 18 months ago so you can start a job that requires you to look professional, this should not be your lunch.



If, however, you fit into the 99% of the population who isn't allergic to milk fat and/or isn't trying to lose 10 pounds, then make sure to follow this method of making grilled cheese and also use milk instead of water to thin the concentrated tomato soup. Make sure you have lots of butter in the fridge.

What I'm trying to say is...I'm both allergic to milk fat and trying to lose ten pounds...and I had grilled cheese and tomato soup for lunch.

Fail. But so delicious.

PS. The first meeting of the brand-spankin'-new Salem Etsy team was last night! Jessica of DIY Studio wrote about it here. I'm excited to get to know these ladies and introduce Salem to Etsy and handmade. And vintage, of course.

PSS. I've been caring for an invalid today and I must say, I feel pretty helpless. The invalid (aka Isaac) had one of his wisdom teeth removed today. The two dentists he went to today were wonderful - he called this morning to say he wasn't able to sleep last night because of the pain. The dentist got him in for x-rays at 10, and then the emergency tooth removal was at 2. Both were unplanned. I'm pretty impressed that both of those doctors were able to fit him in and I'm super glad he will be able to eat regularly without pain now. Lesson from today: I don't think I'd be a very good nurse. I would feel so bad all the time because I can't fix anything.

At least I'm pretty good at heating up tomato soup.

No comments:

Post a Comment