Thursday, May 5, 2011

The Benefits of Being a Pregnant Fattie

Scene: Work party/reception last night (the first one I've been to all year...yay for being able to stay awake past 6 pm!). Packed deck. Me and a group of girls are chatting....likely talking about how they have wine and I have a bottle of water.

Samantha says "Let's go down by the river. It's cooler down there," and she leads the way.

After a minute of not really getting anywhere because of all the people, she turns around and says to me, "Hey fattie!" (which, coming from Samantha, is basically a term of endearment).  "You go first. People will get out of the way because of your belly."

We all laugh because she's being ridiculous and shuffle around so I can be at the front of the line.

I almost wish I was joking, but I didn't even have to take one step before the person blocking us stepped out of my way.

I guess there are some benefits of being a pregnant fattie.

1 comment:

  1. It's going to be end of mine day, but before end I am reading this wonderful piece of writing to increase my know-how.

    Check out my weblog - this hyperlink

    ReplyDelete