Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Lessons Learned: My First Craft Show

So my first craft show was last weekend.

It was awesome.

I stressed out about how to display and decorate because designing decorations is not what I'm good at. My sister-in-law rescued me and (if I do say so myself), my booth was super cute.

Isaac had the sign made for me. Isn't it so great?!"]
I don't have anything to compare it to, but I was quite pleased with my sales. Yay for successes!

[/caption]

I learned a few things:

- Bring food. Sitting in the same spot for a long time makes you want to snack.
- Don't shove your face with the food you bring. Eat when it's slow.
- Be super nice to the other vendors. They are your best customers :)
- Bring something to work on. So many people walked into my booth to ask me what I was making (two scarves, btw), and then ended up browsing and buying.
- A good helper is a must. Between sharing a booth with a veteran show participant, and a husband who is super helpful (and brings me good food), my bases were covered.

I think I've officially been bitten by the craft show bug. I want to do more but I don't know how to find them...by the time I hear about them, all the spots are already full. It's a dilemma.

PS. Sarah of Roost ReImagined and Shirleen of Danner and Soli put on a great show. Pony rides, Santa, and a great holiday atmosphere made the Holiday Heritage Faire perfect. I'm already excited for next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment